The Dewhurst Gas Exploration Pilot Expansion Project was granted consent under Part 4 of the EP&A Act in July 2014. The project involves:
- expanding the existing Dewhurst 13-18 Pilot by drilling additional horizontal wells within Dewhurst 16, 17 and 18
- expanding the Dewhurst 26-29 Pilot by drilling two new wells (Dewhurst 30 and 31) on new well pads
- constructing associated surface infrastructure and operating the expanded pilots for three years.
Work on the expansion project has commenced with the clearing of new wells pads for Dewhurst 30 and 31.
Modifications to the project approval have been made to:
- extend the period of time that the existing wells in the development may be operated for a further three years (Modification 1)
- allow gas recovered from prospecting activities at the Dewhurst South 26-31 pilot wells to be beneficially used in the Wilga Park Power Station for the generation of electricity (Modification 2)
Information to be publicly available in accordance with consent conditions
All current statutory approvals
Additional documents, plans and monitoring results:
– Biodiversity Management Plan
– Rehabilitation Management Plan
– Environmental Management Plan and Strategy
Sub Plans to the PEMP (June 2019):
- Air Quality Management
- Hazard and Risk Management
- Noise Management
- Soil and Surface Water Management
- Traffic Management
- Waste and Resource Management
- Weed Management
– Air quality monitoring
Please note, comprehensive air quality monitoring results after this date are published in the Annual Review documents located below. The Annual Review is submitted on or around March 31 each year and is published after the Department has accepted the report.
– Safety data sheets
– Environmental Audit Report
Annual Review Documents
Register of Complaints received since approval of the expansion was granted in July 2014.
Complaints registered for January 2015 to 15 April 2021 – Nil